Sunday, November 21, 2010

Parents in Clermont

After getting back from Chambord, I unfortunately had to work for Monday and Tuesday of that week. My parents had originally planned to take a train to Lyon for Monday night to see that city, but as this trip was more about relaxing and enjoying being on vacation, they decided to stay in Clermont and just soak up what there is to see here and relax a bit. There were many great parts about having them here, but one was showing them some of our favorite restaurants in Clermont. We took them out for fondue, which was very different than the first time I had fondue in France, this time there was meat and potatoes involved, and we used wine to cook the foods. It was yummy as usual. Then on Tuesday I got to take my parents to my favorite creperie in France, Pescajoux. We had a great lunch, surrounded by artwork of female busts!
My parents went exploring one day and went to one of the churches in Clermont, not the big cathedral because it was closed for some work, but Notre-Dame du Port. My mom noticed that there was a statue of the Virgin Mary breast feeding and noted that she'd never seen that depicted before. Interesting. My parents also went and did the Michelin Adventure. It is a little museum that tells about the history of Michelin and how it evolved. I haven't even done that yet! It is on the list to be done before I come home though, so maybe next weekend.
Sadly the weather wasn't ideal while they were here, as there was a lot of rain and chilly temperatures, but we endured and enjoyed the time in my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment