Monday, December 13, 2010

Bûche de Noël

When I was little and went to a summer camp to study French they told us about all the traditinoal French foods at Christmas. One of those was a cake called a Bûche de Noël. It is like a huge swiss roll for those of you who know what that is. I had completely fogotten about these little cakes until the other day when I was walking past our local patisserie and saw the little pasty Bûche's in the window. I didn't buy one at the time, but I made a mental note to buy one sometime this weekend before I left France. Well I went on Sunday to buy one and guess what? they were all out. boooo. So today, at lunch time I went to a patisserie in the place by work and bought a chocolate petit bouchette. I didn't know that they had all different kinds. The ones that I have had in the US were all chocolate and vanilla. I ate the bouchette tonight and it was a great last dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment