Monday, August 9, 2010

Tapas!

My roommate had the brilliant idea to make Sangria for Friday night's festivities (sitting on the back deck doing nothing but enjoying the wonderful weather). To go with this Sangria, we decided making a host of different kinds of tapas would be in order. I started perusing the recipe box (aka the internet) and quickly found that lots of tapas include delightful but, in France, unavailable items. Others included seafood, which just isn't my cup of tea when it comes to cooking. I did end up finding some easy stuff though so we set out on a menu of Tortilla Espagna, Greek Meatballs in Wine Sauce, Garlic Shrimp and Chicken Empanadas, with banana chocolate empanadas for dessert. I had never made a spanish tortilla before. I cooked the potatoes and onions on the stove top, then poured in the eggs and let it cook. Think omelette. Think yummy. My roommate made the empanadas and they were amazing. There was just a hint of jalepeno, which normally I can't stand, but it was subtle enough that it was a good zing. I don't know which ended up being my favorite, but the dinner was enjoyed tremendously and we only made ourselves get up from the table when it was too dark to see what was going on. Score one for the good guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment