Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nice Kicks!

Here's your work update. I think my body is starting to revolt from all the sitting at a desk I have been doing. I'm not real good at sitting still for a long period of time. I have an office with two other women and they give me funny looks when I get up every 20 minutes or so to stretch of roll my head around to relieve the pressure in my neck. In short, I need a massage. Ha. Not the work update you were expecting huh?
I have gotten some funny looks on my way to and from work though for wearing tennis shoes with my work attire. The women in this country walk around in some dangerous shoes. Heels, weird shaped wedges and all kinds of different contraptions on their feet make me cringe. I have a 15-minute walk to and from work, which is a great way to get the blood flowing in the morning, or help the digestion process after lunch, but the road is uneven and cobblestoned, so I decided early on, for the love of my feet, to wear comfortable shoes. For the first few weeks I changed shoes before going into the office, but my permanent office is two doors from the main door, so now I just change when I get there. No one really cares. The women I work with laughed at me once, but then just disregarded me as American (not exactly a news flash) and we all went on with our days. Me with comfy feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment