Friday, October 8, 2010

Do I hear music??

As I was walking home for lunch today I was behind a kid who looked at his phone, turned some music on and kept walking while the phone is blaring the music. This happens all the time. I'll be somewhere, on the train, walking down the street, sitting outside drinking a beer at a cafe and there will be someone who feels the need to share their own music with everyone around them. I have many times wondered why they feel this need, because unlike about 80% of the population, I am completely content with hearing nothing, or my own thoughts only during my walks, train rides, or moments taking in the world around me while sipping a beer. I decided today that the reason that young people love to share their music here is the lack of Apple products for everyone to have to play the music only in their own ears. In other words, I'm pretty sure not every European has 3 different ipods for their music needs. The main reason, from what I hear, is that Apple products are ridiculously expensive here. One kid I talked to that has an iphone actually bought it in NYC while he was there because it is so much cheaper. Ah one of the joys of being an American. Cheaper Apple products. (side note, I don't own any Apple products)

No comments:

Post a Comment