Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wake UP Sun!

As winter approaches here in Clermont-Ferrand, the days are getting much shorter. In fact, this morning I woke up at 7:25 and the sun had about 40 more minutes to sleep. I really have issues with this. Not that it makes me angry or anything, but why does the sun get to sleep til 8:10 and I don’t? I’m really no good at getting up in the morning anyway, and before the sun is just cruel. Plus, I’m not sure if it is a life-long necessity of having to get up at 7 something or what, but I am really much better at getting up when the time starts with either a 6 or an 8. Well then, you are saying, why don’t you get up at 6:55? I’ll tell you, because what in the world would I do at that hour? I have no TV, everyone else I know is sleeping or going to be shortly and I’d be giving up 30 minutes of sleep. Instead I’ll just wait as patiently as possible for 2 more weeks and daylight savings time to kick in here in France. We’re a week behind the states on this, so I’ll only have to calculate 6-hour differences for a week. Whoa people, prepare to be confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment