Sunday, June 20, 2010

Protest

The other day while I was cozily watching soccer in a local pub and enjoying the fact that I was no out in the rain, some commotion began outside. I turned around when the chanting started and looked out the door of the pub to see a group of people marching for something or other. Living in France this isn't a unheard of occurrence. I have seen plenty of stikes and protests and marches and have been inconvenienced by a few of them, but mostly they are harmless and people just demonstrating. I'm not sure why the French are so hell-bent on expressing their right to strike and protest, but they sure are hard-core sometimes. Take yesterday for example. It was raining allllll day and it wasn't warm outside. These people are out there with umbrellas, to listen to some guy talk about who knows what and the worst part? I really think everyone else is just flat out ignoring them. Thus, what's the point? I don't know what they think will get accomplished by their little 100 person march, but alas, they have the right, so might as well voice their opinions I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment