Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quitting the Gym

As I had hopes of having an internship by June, or at least the first of July, I knew that I would possibly be leaving Clermont. There aren't very many things that I have connected to here that would be hard to stop, but boy oh boy the gym cancellation policy is quite a doozy. I knew when I first signed up that to cancel the membership, one had to turn in a letter stating one's intentions two months before the date of termination. So, at the beginning of April, I wrote out a letter and had my French teacher make sure it said what I wanted it to, and then I took it to the gym. Nope. Can't turn it in, by hand, in person. Instead, I had to send it registered mail (4.50 euro to send a letter 3 blocks). I'm sure it is so they can have verification that you actually sent the letter. Ok step one complete.
Today I went to complete my disconnection with the gym. It is necessary that I return my gym card so that I can get my 10 euro back that I put down as a holding fee in case I lost my card. I ran myself over to the gym and expected the lady to just give me 10 euro and be done with it. Nope. She asked me to come back in a week because she has to get a check from the bank to give me my 10 euro back. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment