Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer?

While the weather has been less than summer-like here, with temperatures hovering in the low 70s and sometimes 60s and we the constant rain that has been infecting our days (I think it has rained every day at least for a little bit for the past 8 days), there are some veritable signs of summer in Clermont. I took a walk through the park that is close to our apartment and realized that there is a fabulous rose garden that is absolutely teeming with roses. They are huge and in many different colors. The gardeners also had some fun with other plants in the park and made some dinosaurs into the hill of part of the park. Kind of a fun diversion to the normal straight lines or just groupings of plants. I spent a little bit of time in the garden before laying out on a blanket in the park to read and take a nap. The storm clouds chased me home earlier than I would have liked, but I did get some Vitamin D and enjoy the view for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment