Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Joue de Basket

To get out of the house and actually do something somewhat good for me, I went and played basketball with my two roommates and a French friend of ours. There ended up being 3 French and 3 Americans, but we didn't play 3 on 3 that way because there were 4 guys and 2 girls. To start off the evening we first taught the Frenchmen some HORSE and PIG action. I asked if they played Cheval and Cochon, but they looked at me like I was crazy, so I'm going to assume not. We played horse and pig instead. Then came the actual 3 on 3 game and there are some observations I took away from the night:
1. I'm WAY out of basketball shape. Now, don't let me confuse you, I'm not in any kind of shape except amazing wine drinking and bread and cheese consuming shape, but jogging and doing some sit ups here and there is nothing like playing a 3 on 3 game of basketball. I sit writing this blog about an hour and a half after I have finished playing and I'm already sore. I hope I can get out of bed in the morning...but if I can't? oh well, I have nothing to do anyway :-) I have time to recover.
2. People play basketball just like their personalities. I can't elaborate on that further, but I could have a full conversation on the point if you'd like to engage me more at a later date.
3. I can say the simple phrases necessary in a basketball game like...good job, good play, my fault, what's the score?, what happened, jeez, I'm tired, anyone have some water? and oh god I am going to die...in French, but I cannot for the life of me speak another language in the middle of playing a game of basketball. I'm just not talented enough to multi-task like that and my brain simply doesn't work fast enough to make the phrases come out properly. I'll work on that.

Alright, I'm gonna hit the showers, which are unfortunately up a steep flight of stairs...man I'm old. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment