Sunday, July 18, 2010

OVEN!

Now that I have an oven for about a month, I have decided to diversify my dinner menus while I can. The first meal made in the oven was Eggplant Parmesan. Eggplant is definitely in season right now and all the stores have them. Some stores even have white eggplant. Not too sure about that development as I have never seen white eggplant before, so we just stuck to the regular stuff. We didn't fry the eggplant slices like most recipes call for, but we dipped them in egg, breaded them and baked them instead. Yummy chips was what they ended up being, well the ones that didn't make the casserole anyway. The recipe called for just eggplant with cheese and sauce layers, but we went ahead and veggied the casserole up a bit with onions, mushrooms and zucchini as well. It reminded me more of ratatouille without all the soupiness and with cheese. The meal started off with a flavor-packed salad and was accompanied by some garlic toast. We ended up with an absolutely delicious meal that we could enjoy on the deck! Ah, many more oven creations to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment