Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Relief!

Today is finally the day. I have been applying for internships since February and today I officially took one! I will be working at Michelin, which is in the same town where I live right now. My actual job responsibilities are somewhat vague at this point, but lets just say that I have a lot of work ahead of me. Essentially my position entails the analysis of all the fleet contracts that Michelin has to assess whether they are in accordance with the current guidelines. Sounds enthralling huh? There are multiple up-sides though, beginning of course with the fact that I will, in fact, have experience with a very successful international company. I had been looking for marketing positions, and this isn't exactly that, but it does give me some experience in a different sector of business, which I'm sure will prove to be quite insightful. Finally, the internship fits into the time frame that I required, which means I'll be flying home on December 15! Sadly I don't start until Aug 23 due to the nation-wide vacation that happens in August, so I have...count 'em...5 WEEKS with nothing to do. Normally this would be great fun, problem is that traveling in Europe in the summer isn't exactly cheap, so....I'm dog-sitting and trying to figure out what to do with all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment