Monday, July 5, 2010

Oostend

On one of our afternoons in Bruges we took a train to the North Sea to a little town called Oostend. There isn’t much to mention about this town, but I do have two things:
- In Europe, it doesn’t matter if it is a town of 3 million or a town of 20,000, there is a spectacular looking church to make sure that the inhabitants of the town can worship in glory and provide tourists with something to take a picture of. This town was no different and had a great little church right off the main square.
- As it was little after lunchtime, we needed a snack and decided to stop at this little produce stand to buy some strawberries. They were 2 euro and the best strawberries I have ever had in my life. They were good sized, juicy, sweet and simply fantastic. My brother and I consumed them all in about 4.7 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment