Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Emergency Vehicles

When you are driving down the street at home and you see flashing lights in your rearview mirror, or hear sirens, you generally pull over to the side of the road until the emergency vehicles have passed and the way is clear again. Here? No pulling over. Cars keep driving like normal and give the emergency vehicle space to go around, but no pulling over or really getting out of the way. Also, the emergency vehicles drive down the street all the time with their lights on, but no sirens. I'm not sure why, but I find this a little odd. I think it is because if I were driving one of those things I'd be like "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!" Not necessarily because I needed to get somewhere fast, but just because I would have that power in the states :-) On another note, if I were in the ambulance I'd want people to get out of the way so I could get to the hospital without being stuck in traffic because no one pulls over.

No comments:

Post a Comment