Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day!

I can't believe it is April. I mean sure it feels like it could be April, as I feel like I have been living here for quite some time, but really, time sure does fly by. Things are starting to get a little crazy with school as most of the semester is based around year-end projects or papers and then of course there is the looming Grand Orale. Basically there are three subjects picked from a list of 327 potential subjects. You pick one and get one hour to prepare a 15 minute presentation in front of a panel. Then they have 15 minutes to ask you questions. You pass? You graduate. You don't? I don't want to think about it. Thankfully I get to do mine in English. I'm not thinking it will be that hard, but something that takes a little preparation.
There is also the internship search. I haven't exactly been burning up the internet lines with applications so I'm not surprised I haven't heard anything yet (ha). I have my resume and cover letters finished so the goal for April is to find an internship so I can have fun in May traveling and exploring France. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, if you know anyone working in Western Europe, I'm their gal!
Mother Nature isn't helping us out with the weather here really either. It got semi-cold again and I had to bust out the winter coat again. Ugh. Thankfully it is sunny and seems warmer and I hear it is coming since at home it was 82 the other day. We'll see what happens.
Finally, no one here has any idea what April Fool's Day is, which just makes things very enticing for pranks and jokes. The problem is that sometimes our idea of funny doesn't coincide with theirs. So I need good, harmless ideas for an April Fool's gag. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment