Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Presentation

Well I have officially given my first presentation in French. Sure I have given small ones in my actual French class where no one else really speaks great French either, but yesterday I gave part of a presentation in front of my strategy class. I was terrified. Really I was. I practiced and practiced, but I don't know all the words necessary to give a business presentation so I had to partially read off the paper. I practiced pronounciation and the whole bit. I won't say the presentation went awfully, but I'm pretty sure no one understood me because I looked up at one point and the teacher was looking at me quizzically like, huh? Then the students were asking questions and I knew the answers to a lot of them but I couldn't contribute because I can't think fast enough to forumlate answers on the spot! I had one of those days with the language that was so frustrating it make me wonder if I'm ever going to be able to speak it. Thankfully my comprehension is much better, now just on to speaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment