Monday, April 5, 2010

Jinxed

Last week at some point I saw someone limping around on crutches. The crutches here aren't like the ones at home that go up under your arms, these are ones that you just use your hands with. I guess they are called forearm crutches. They look a little more painful to use to me, but thankfully I have no personal experience. I made a comment to someone though that it would really suck to hurt yourself here because there is really no way to get around walking. We don't have a car, and there really would be no way to get anywhere with one anyway. Well I ran on Tuesday a little more than I have been lately and woke up Wednesday morning hardly able to put pressure on my left foot. It was something under the ankle bone. I had fine mobility in my ankle joint, it felt like under the bone was bruised and swollen. With no choice, I hobbled around all week and then remembered I was going to Paris for the weekend. Bollocks. I hobbled 6 miles around Paris on Saturday and wanted my foot to just fall off and be done with it. The problem with it was no only that my ankle hurt, but walking funny to try and take pressure off of my ankle made the rest of the muscles in the leg not very happy either. Apparently the whole jinx for mentioning the crutches actually occurred. Thankfully it is starting to feel better and I am hoping it is 100% by the time I go on vacation next week.

Small Update: I did not at any point need crutches. Didn't mean to scare you. Just thought I would clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment