Thursday, May 20, 2010

Internships

I know you are dying to know what I’m going to be doing for the next 7 months of my life in France. Well that makes two of us. I still have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. I have sent out tons of applications online, and while I haven’t been rejected from all of them, most of the automatic responses say that if I haven’t heard from the company after 3 weeks than I should consider myself not an appropriate fit for the position. Well gee thanks. How hard could it be to send a mass e-mail to say, the position has been filled, thank you, instead of just making me wonder. I do thank Kraft Foods though. They are the only company thus far that has sent me an actual, paper rejection letter in the mail. Good form.
The real problem is that there is absolutely no way for me to impress these people who are hiring because everything is done electronically. I don’t have such a network here because I don’t know many people, so this applying stuff is just much more complicated. I’m working angles and have people talking to people, but as of now? Nothing. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment