Monday, May 3, 2010

Easter Bunny

This year the Easter Bunny took a little bit to find me. I know he knew where I was living and I know he meant to get it to me on Easter, but he got lost somewhere with the actual Easter Sunday and the aforementioned volcano. Mrs. Bunny had informed me that there was a package coming that had been sent on March 29. Last time I was sent a package it got here in 10 days. This time, not so much. I checked before I went to Ireland and didn’t have a package slip, so I was sure I’d have one when I got back. I didn’t. I went to the post office the day after I returned from Dublin and asked the lady if it was possible to see if a package came for me by looking up my address. She said, no, that I’d have to have a tracking number. I didn’t have one. I told her it had been 21 days since the package was sent and she told me sometimes it takes that long. Then she asked me if I had been listening to the radio and had I heard that there was a big volcano that was cancelling flights and such. If she only knew….I tried to remember that she hadn’t been traveling with me for the 45 hours in the previous few days and ensured her that yes, I had heard something about a volcano (I wanted to add that I didn’t live under a rock, but I didn’t know how to say that in French). At that point I thought the package might be lost in the post system between the Easter Bunny and me. Then, while out one night my roommate told me that a package slip had arrived for me that day! Woohoo! The Easter Bunny made it and boy was my Easter Basket great. Skittles, M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, Lip Smackers, Bubbles with a cool bubble whistle and all in a real basket! I’m glad I’ve been good this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment