Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Road Trip!

School ended on Friday morning around 9:15 am for me because I took my last final in approximately 45 minutes and killed time for a while as to not leave the classroom first. I let another French girl be first. Then I left. WOOT WOOT! Summer! That feeling is so lovely.
To celebrate, four friends and I, (my roommate, a Slovakian, two Germans and me) rented a car and drove to the South of France and visited 8 cities in 4 days. We drove 1300 km and saw some absolutely beautiful countryside. We got great weather the whole time with barely clounds in the skies most of the days. I'll account each city specifically for you, but here are some general thoughts on the trip:
- French radio is worse than American radio. They also play the same 10 songs on rotation, but these 10 songs are dance club mixes of pop songs. Shoot me. I never want to hear those songs again
- I like driving a manual shift car usually, this road trip made me a little tired of it. The national highways (non-toll roads) are curvy and hilly and people in France (probably moreso the tourists) aren't very good drivers, granted there was majestic scenery that easily distracted one from the actual task of driving
- I have fully come to grips with the fact that I need to make enough money in my future to stay at nice hotels and eat well. Especially the eat well part, it just makes the travel experiences so much better
- Traveling with people I didn't know very well, and from very different places was fun. Nothing like travel to get to know people!

Ok, on to the desitnations...in order of visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment