Monday, May 3, 2010

This wasn't planned...

My trip to Paris to see my parents started off a little differently than planned. I had bought a ticket for a 6am train to Paris because I wanted to go see Versailles and I didn’t want to get there in the middle of the day, so instead of going to this huge party on Wednesday night, after we had friends over for dinner (hamburgers, potato salad, fruit salad, baked beans and a delicious strawberry shortcake) I headed to bed. Everyone else went to this party that required people to take a bus and was apparently open bar. I woke up a little before I had planned, so I showered and went to check internet before leaving my apartment. When I came back from checking internet, one of my roommates and one of our friends had just returned from the party. Both had partaken in a few beverages. Our friend asks me what I am doing and I reply “Going to Paris.” He declares me “crazy” for going to Paris at this time. (I think he had no idea what time it was).As I was preparing to leave for the train station, our friend decided he wanted to walk with me. The whole time I am thinking he is just going to walk home and go to sleep. Well as we pass his place, I ask him if he wants me to talk him home. He says,” no, that’s ok, I’ll walk you to the train station.” I reply that it really isn’t necessary and that he should just walk on home and go to bed. He insists that he wants to come wait for the train for me and that I am still crazy for going to Paris right now. Having argued with drunk people many times in my life, I realize that it does little good, so I say fine. He comes with me and my train platform posts, so I say good bye and head to my train. As I am walking through the train to find my seat, I see him on the phone in the station. I call him and ask him what he is doing. At this point he tells me to hold on because he is buying a ticket to Paris. WHAT?!?! I stow my stuff and jump off the train as I have 15 min til it leaves. By the time I get into the train station the agent is just handing him the ticket and trying not to smile. I try to reason with our friend, but at this point, he’s bought the ticket. We get to the train and I realize he hasn’t punched his ticket. I make him go back and do it and he comes to find me in the train again. The train ride is quite uneventful, but I don’t think it hit him until he got off the Train in Paris at 9am that he just bought a ticket to Paris. And realized that he was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, had no changes of clothes or toothbrush and no idea what he was going to do in Paris on a Thursday morning. Thankfully he has good friends who gave him a place to stay for the day and I headed to Versailles. Ah the random things alcohol makes us do…

1 comment:

  1. I don't know who is this guy but I guess he's too legendary man !!!! isn't it ?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete