Monday, May 3, 2010

Paris Trip #2

This is my second time spending significant days in Paris and I have decided there are two places in the city that I really really enjoy and that you should make sure to visit if you ever get to Paris. The first one is the Rodin museum. I like it because it is manageable in 2 hours and you have seen everything. It isn’t massive, but it is interesting if you like sculpture and when the gardens are in bloom it is beautiful. There is a nice view of the Invalides (which is Napoleon’s tomb) and when the roses bloom it is going to be even more spectacular.

The other place is the Orangerie. I visited there for the first time on a random fluke and I loved it. Once again, it is completely doable in two hours and it didn’t leave me exhausted like so many museums do. It has an amazing display of Monet’s work, and some impressive paintings from well-known painters (Picasso, Renoir) on the bottom floor. If you like modern art, it is a must-see.

No comments:

Post a Comment