Wednesday, May 26, 2010

St. Tropez

On our way from Cassis to Nice, we stopped in St. Tropez. I was expecting lavishness and extreme flaunting of wealth, but I was surprised. It seemed to be a pretty normal French port city. I am convinced we went to the old part of the city and didn't see the real lavishness of it. This was our stop for lunch on Sunday, so after admiring some huge yachts that were present in the harbor, we headed away from the port a little bit and found a cute pizzeria where we ate a nice and quick, but yummy, lunch. During lunch we pondered how exactly people make enough money to own yachts of the size we saw, and how one goes about getting a job cleaning the windows of the said yachts. I briefly pondered changing my career aspirations to be the window washer, but then decided the owner was better. Now just to find the money...
After lunch we wandered through the little town and down to the beach. I know I have said this about 10 times in the last few posts, but it was beautiful. There were people all around, but it was still pretty serene and fun. We once again got ice cream as we walked through the town back to our car. Ice cream was a constant on this trip...something about the sun and beaches and being on "vacation".

No comments:

Post a Comment