Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Loose Change

This weekend I went to take my wallet out of my purse and realized it was awfully heavy. Nice problem to have huh? Problem was that it was all change. Being in the American mindset I though, well I'm just going to take the change out, it won't be a big sum of money. When I started emptying the change purse though I came up with 17 euro. Holy. See the thing is here that change really does amount to a lot because they have those sneaky little pieces that are worth 1 and 2 euro respectively. In fact, they just have more pieces of money that look all the same. Ok not all of them, but when I am searching for a 10, 20 or 50 cent piece they all look the same. And the smaller coins are all the same color too. Here look for yourself.
I thought maybe after 3 months of living here that I would eventually be able to find the correct change I needed quickly without having to look at each piece, but no, I still stand like an idiot in line turning each piece over to see what it is before I can give it to the cashier.

1 comment:

  1. I find the UK coins even worse !!! damm... at least the euro has a "size logic" from the smaller to the bigger despite the colors...but the pounds ? FUNK ! Bigger is worthless than the smaller ones..

    ReplyDelete