Monday, February 8, 2010

Beer

As you know, France is the land of wine, but I have to say it amazes me how much beer I have drank here. I think it is because it is just a natural thing to drink beer when we are out at bars or watching sports. I did notice this past weekend that it is probably a better idea for me to drink wine while I'm out. Firstly because I drink wine much slower than I drink beer. Secondly because a glass of wine is 2.80 and a pint of beer is 5.80 and thirdly because I rarely can drink wine long enough to have a hangover the next day from it. Seems like three pretty good reasons to stop drinking so much beer here. Plus, I'm in France, where there is more wine than one can possibly imagine.

I have been asked about the beer selections here though, and while there is Budweiser, it is the only American beer I have seen. They do have Amstel and Guiness and Carslberg and such, just like bars at home do, the difference is that most of the time Guiness and Carslberg are on tap. I did take a picture of the bottled beer selection at a local bar so you could have so idea of the span of offerings available. Not the greatest picture evr, but I took it because the Budweiser is called Bud here. Is it at home? I can't remember.

1 comment:

  1. It's Budweiser on the bottle here. Maybe Bud Light isn't over there so they don't need to distinguish between the two? Bud takes care of it I suppose.

    ReplyDelete