Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pilates

Went to Pilates the other day and found it much more difficult than spin. Mostly because I didn't understand a word she said other than the French words for inhale and exhale. I have those down pat. There was one time when she came over and was talking to me personally and I was nodding like I knew what was going on, and I guess fixed whatever she thought was wrong, because she acted like I made the correct response. So much harder than Spinning though! In spin, all I have to do is follow what the person in front of me is doing, and while I have no idea where my little ride is going, sometimes it makes it better not knowing because I don't know what I'm in for. The other problem with Pilates over Spin is that in Pilates I am laying on the floor with my head down in normal circumstances so it is way harder to discreetly look around and see what is going on. Even harder when the teacher is up walking around for the majority of class. It's ok though, I'm pretty over trying to look like I belong because I work out in vastly different clothes than everyone else. I wear a t-shirt and shorts like I would in the states, and people here all really dress like they are going to the gym with the spandex and tank tops. Not a whole lot different than the way people dress at the gym at home, but trust me, it is just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment