Monday, February 22, 2010

Where I Live

For those of you that haven’t busted out the map to see where exactly I live in France. I live right in the middle of the country. This is great to experience the true “French” life. I pretty much live in the “Midwest” of France. The people are nice, the weather is decent, it is big enough to have things to do, but small enough to be walkable. The best part is that every day I know I’m living in France. By that I mean, it isn’t a big city that could be anywhere in the world. The city is distinct and distinctly French. While this is great most of the time, one time when it isn’t so great is when I want to travel, which I obviously do, as much as possible. The problem is that I’m 2 hours by train from Lyon, which is the only major city relatively close. To get to Paris, to get to other major cities takes about 4 hours and isn’t exactly cheap. So the first trip of an adventure is at least to Lyon, and then to Paris to go the other major places. Sometimes I wish I were in Paris so that I could just jump on a plane to London or Rome without the 5 hours necessary to get to a Paris airport. (the train station is an hour from the airport in Paris) I guess this little place will suffice for now though. Maybe my second 6 month adventure will be in a major city that will make traveling easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment