Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Iternational Fair

Today my roommates and I went to school to represent KU at the International Fair. Essentially the fair gives some of the younger students the opportunity to talk to students that have either studied in other countries, or international students that are visiting from those countries. The US was paired with Canada. We all showed up in our Jayhawk shirts, and I brought a little KU flag I brought with me. A roommate started a slideshow of the campus and on we went. There were also students from BYU, Kalamazoo Michigan and students who had studied at Wyoming and a university in Montreal. We quickly realized that the major thing we needed to have was a map because the first question everyone asks is "where is Kansas?" Funny, one of the Michigan students even asked that. She was kidding though. I think.
We talked to a few students who had interest in studying in the US, and tried to convince them to come to Kansas. We talked about the campus, the sports, the flat accent so that they could understand the language better, the four seasons, etc... We should be state of Kansas ambassadors really. I guess we should see how many people come to Lawrence next year, but we did our best. Our main selling point was that the people are nice. and that we have the best college basketball team in the nation. Both inticing arguments I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment