Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Late Bowl

As stated previously, one of the things I really miss about living here is the ability to watch sporting events at normal times and not in the middle of the night. This is only heightened by the fact that the Super Bowl was last night. We did watch it, 14 people in a little apartment, which actually made it pretty fun. The game started at 12:30am and I went to bed at the beginning of the fourth quarter because I just couldn't keep my eyes open any more. The whole time I knew I was going to miss something good. I searched for the highlights this morning when I woke up, but it just wasn't the same. Kudos to the Saints though. I was pretty surprised when I read that they won. I thought it would be Mr. Manning all the way.
On another note, we did have Pizza for the party at 12:30 am. We bought the pizza at 8pm though, because we knew it wouldn't be open at midnight. I did miss the nachos, dips, cookies and chocolate truffle balls though. We also contemplated doing a numbers square, but no one had any money and no one thought they were going to make it long enough into the game. Took some of the fun out of it, but at least we got to watch for a bit. Boy oh boy is my sleeping schedule screwed up though. The things I do for sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment