Friday, February 5, 2010

Music

I thought when I came over to France that I would leave all the "pop" music that plays on the radio 800 times a day, at home. But, I was sorely mistaken. The same music that plays in bars and on the radio at home plays in bars and on the radio here. Last night I went into a bar to watch a soccer game and guess what was on the radio? Matchbox 20. How perfect is that? Of course it was followed by Mariah Carey from about 10 years ago, but whatever. I'm amazed at how popular all the "party" songs over here, and I'm quickly getting tired of hearing them. There are also the more covert bands though too like that Fireflies song that was playing in the US before I left. Also, I have gone to 3 spin classes at the gym and I have three points about the music.

1. All of it is in English, and I'm pretty sure all American.

2. Life is a Highway must be the most popular spin song on the face of the planet

3. The music has been exactly the same every time I have done spin. This is going to get annoying real quick, but I will know all the words to Life is a Highway. there are advantages I guess.

I did finally figure out (with the help of a roommate) that I can listen to French talk radio on my phone. So I'm going to start doing that before I go to sleep. I tried it last night and there were some French songs thrown in as well. Maybe it'll help with my French comprehension and keep me from going crazy from hearing the same songs (Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas, I'm looking at you) all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment