Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Package!

After Skyping with my parents on Sunday, I was super excited because I knew I had a package coming. Woot woot! So, as you know, Sunday night was the Super Bowl. I decided to go to bed around 10 and see if I could get about 2 hours of sleep before getting up for it. As I'm in a semi-concious state, and my roommate is watching downloads in her bed across the room, we suddenly hear footsteps in the courtyard and our door downstairs open. Then we hear, "Bon soir? Allo?" It is our landlord Bridgette. At 11:00 on Sunday night. I guess she saw our light on and knew we were still awake. She was bringing me a Valentine's day card from home and my package pick up slip. Woot!
So Monday, around 11 am I go to the post office to pick up the package. It is still on the truck to re-try delivery today. Come back after 4 the lady says. At 4:30 I return. Still no package. Grr...
Tuesday I finally make it to the post office around 2:30, after waiting about 10 minutes while the lady searched the back room (me thinking the whole time that she was going to come out and say she didn't have it) she came back with my package!!
Now here is the thing about getting packages internationally. I could have looked immediately at the package slip on the outside to see what is in the box. There is a list of all contents for customs, but no, I like surprises. So I took the box home and opened it up to find, Spanish Garden's taco spice, a bag of peanut m&ms, a bag of Hershey's chocolate hearts, a package of the candy conversation hearts I like (not the Brach's chalky ones), a gift bag from Helzberg with a little charm in it that says "I love you" and some "I am Loved" buttons with Jayhawks, in French and the Valentine ones, and the funniest part was a bag of dark chocolate m&m's in a ziploc. The bag had been opened and there was a note from dad that said "Some had to be removed to keep the package under 4 lbs. Love Dad". I laughed. While I have no doubt that this is true, it still made me laugh. I have the best parents ever.

1 comment: