Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow!

I have been reading quite a bit, and seeing the clips on the French news, about the blizzards hitting my friends on the East Coast. Well, I think your winter weather finally made it across the Atlantic because last night, as I was sitting in a warm bar that is two blocks from my house, drinking a pint of demi-peche (Kronnenburg with peach sirop), I watched a blizzard outside. The snow was coming down in buckets, and the flacons (flakes) were enormous! We go to the bar at 9:30 and it hadn't started nowing yet, we left at 1:30am and it had snowed probably 5 inches. By the time I got up this morning it had snowed a few more. When I was walking over to use the internet this morning, the snow came up to my mid calf. I think that means we're talking a good 8 inches or so. Nice. Thanks for sending the loveliness our way. Would be great fun if I could sit inside by the fire, drink hot chocolate and read a book, but today we head out for 10 days of vacation. We have to get to the train station with luggage to kick off the party, so I'm sure the snow will make that our first adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment