Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Corn

Another food post...don't act like you're shocked.

In our constant mission to make dinners at home, we are trying to change things up a bit with the vegetables we eat. We have also had take-out Vietnamese a few times, which has left us with quite a bit of leftover rice on both occasions. To make sure we use all the food, we have taken to making fried rice with the leftovers. We have all kinds of good vegetables, from carrots to zucchini, to peppers and onion and mushrooms. We even have frozen pea pods that we throw into the pan to give it some more green. One vegetable we do not have though, is corn. We are to the point that we might buy canned corn because we can't find fresh or frozen anywhere. I'm dumbfounded. I guess I didn't think real hard about it until the other night when we were discussing the lack of corn, but America produces tons of corn, France, I guess not so much. I'm sad though because I love corn. I haven't really tried looking for it in restaurants yet, but I'm going to pay attention now and see if it really is going to be a wild goose chase to find corn or if I'm going to have to buy it canned. Once it gets warm I'm really going to start craving corn on the cob. Ah such a lovely vegetable.

1 comment:

  1. How do you not do canned corn? That's all I had in Europe. I actually had a can tonight with my pasta/egg meal. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete