Monday, March 22, 2010

Books!

A while back I told you I was reading Julie & Julia. Well I finished it and I loved it. If you like food, if you like France and if you like Julia Child then it is the book for you. The only problem with reading it is that it made me really hungry and made me want to cook all kinds of yummy foods, most of which I can't make because I don't have an oven. I also would have had to go buy all kinds of new kitchen gadgets, which just doesn't seem to be in the plan right now.
After J&J I started reading Dan Brown's book Deception Point. It is one of his older works, but my roommate had brought it over from the states, and it was the last book written in English that we had in the apartment so I dug in. Like all Dan Brown books it was a page turner that kept me up late at night, sometimes too late! Of course it was full of twists and turns and if you liked Angels and Demons and the other works written by Mr. Brown then you'll probably enjoy it as well.
Now the problem presents itself that there are no more works written in English in the apartment. Well, ok, literally there is, but my roommate hated the last book remaining so I'm not even going to bother. This means I'd either have to read homework before going to bed (no) or I have to go to the bookstore. (as you read before, the library was a no-go)
Today I ventured to the bookstore and while I considered buying new works in English, I decided that I need to up my French abilities so I bought my favorite book in English...in French. Yup, Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice in French is my new reading material before bed. Yikes. I also purchased Alice in Wonderland (the kids version) for a reading challenge as well. I have a feeling the reading of these books will be going much more slowly than reading Dan Brown went. Should be interesting, but gotta make myself start learning more French.

No comments:

Post a Comment