Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I need a snack

The French eat when it is time to eat. They don't eat snacks a whole lot and they don't eat just in the middle of the day. They also don't eat in class because it is forbidden. The students are not allowed to bring in any kind of snack to have while the class is going on. Now of course there are breaks every hour and a half, so I guess they can munch then if they need to, but not in the class room. I, on the other hand, do eat at the breaks and often in the classroom. I think they just let me get away with it because I am American. Sometimes it is a mini-box of cereal, and sometimes it is a half of a peanut butter and honey sandwich. The French get so confused by the peanut butter. It is loads of fun to tell them that sometimes we eat peanut butter and nutella. I get the same reaction as if I were telling someone we eat fried worms. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment