Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our recycling efforts

Saturday night my roommate and I went to a party and when we left we offered to take some of the empty glass bottles with us. To recycle glass here, one has to take the bottles to a depository that looks like this:
We had a bag full of wine and beer bottles. When I got to the depository I started taking them out one by one and putting them in the container. Only went I had dropped the first one and it made a horrible crashing sound did I remember it was 3:15am and the poor people who live around this thing were probably not thrilled with my recycling efforts at that time. Did I stop? No, because the bag was heavy and I didn't want to take it all the way home, so I deposited the rest all at one time making the worst crash ever, but it was a quick one and hopefully everyone got back to sleep easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment