Monday, March 15, 2010

Showers

One of my fellow Americans was telling me the other day that he overheard his landlord talking to a friend about the landlord’s new tenants. The other man asked the landlord about the four new tenants and if they were nice and where they were from. “They’re all Americans,” replied the landlord. The other man’s response? “Oh you’re water bill is going to go up, those Americans, you know they shower every day.” I’m still not sure if the French don’t shower every day, or they just don’t wash their clothes as often as we do, but the emphasis on personal hygiene that exists at home isn’t as prevalent here. Most people are clean and well done up and smell sometimes quite nice, but I wonder how the other man in the story would feel if he found out that sometimes I shower TWICE a day when I work out at night. Don’t worry all you people concerned with high water usage. I still take very fast showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment