Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Strike!

Yesterday there was a transportation strike. I read something about it being caused by Sarkozy's loss of his support during the recent elections. Either way it didn't cause much disruption to my life because I walk everywhere and it was on a Tuesday. I mean if you're gonna strike, do as the airline people did a while back and strike on a major vacation week that really screws up everything. Isn't that the point? Anyway, the only changes that were noticable from our point of view is the enormous increase in traffic yesterday while we were walking home for lunch. Holy cow there were lots of people driving. I'm not sure if this was caused by the strike as well, but the cafeteria where students usually eat was closed as well. Wasn't a problem for me as I usually eat at home, but the lines in the patisserie and the little cafes along our walk home were slammed as well. I think the strikes are just excuses for people to drive cars and eat out.

No comments:

Post a Comment