Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rock Shock

Well to say I'm in shock about the KU loss is putting it mildly. I really can't believe it happened. I mean do they know how many times I got up at 2:45am to watch them?!?! Honestly, they could have helped me out a little bit.
We were really worried that we weren't going to be able to watch the games at all, but then found out that we could watch them live on CBSportsline for free. It was awesome. We could choose our game and they were all in high-quality transmission. We watched the game with two of our Brazilian friends and two of our French friends. When we were walking home from the bar beforehand we were explaning how the tournament works and what happens and that we'd have to be watching basketball in the early mornings for two more weekends since the Jayhawks were obviously going to win the game and keep playing. We then had to describe that "if" they lost, that rare possibility, that our season would be over and we'd all be really sad. I honestly didn't think it was going to happen. But we got home and made popcorn in true American style for the game. The girl from Brazil was so excited about real popcorn she couldn't even talk. It was hilarious. She was like "you have popcorn? Like the real kid? Not in the microwave? Where did you find it?...." she was talking super fast and got tripped up on all the words. Pretty funny. One of the French guys got us some Pizza Hut and we settled in to watch the games on two different laptops that were out of sync with each other so people on one side of the table had to try and contain their excitement when a good play happened as to not spoil it for the other side of the table. I just had a horrible feeling the whole game and then it happened. We lost. I was stunned. The poor friends we were watching it with didn't know what to do. They kept apologizing because we were obviously not thrilled. Poor them! Having to sit through THAT with us. Ah well. The good news is that I can 100% completely forget about college basketball if I choose to because it is nothing over here. I can't even get to college basketball through yahoo, I have to route myself through the US site. I guess let me know who wins it all in April. I don't even care now.

No comments:

Post a Comment