Monday, March 8, 2010

who's watching me eat...

Yesterday one of my roommates and I went out for lunch at a cafe near the cathedral. Nothing all that interesting about the place we were eating except it was someplace and happened to be open on a Sunday. We sit and order and are waiting for our food, when in walks a family with their dog. They sit down at the table next to us and promptely all put in their headphones and start playing with their respective digitial devices. The dad, mom and son didn't talk to each other pretty much the entire time we were at the cafe. Strange, but even more strange was that once I got my food and started eating I kept having the feeling someone was staring at me. It was the dog. He was sitting nicely and not being disruptive at all, but boy was he eyeing my croque madame.
I guess I don't pay attention that much in the states, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that bringing one's dog into a restaurant isn't a normal circumstance. People here love their dogs though, so I guess they are just accepted as another part of the clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment