Sunday, March 28, 2010

Market!

A few weeks ago we finally found the other market in town. This is a covered market, but it has fruit and vegetable stands, fromageries (cheese), a boulangerie (bread) , boucheries (butcher), and a stand that sells nuts, wines, spices, olives and local goods. The place has vegetables I have never seen and when we walked by the butcher the main attraction was...rabbit. Not making any kind of statement because I have never had rabbit, but I think I won't be trying it unless I don't know I'm eating it. I didn't take a picture of the rabbit because I didn't want to gross some of you out, but here are some pics from the market. I hope you aren't hungry. If you are...this will make you want a nice and healthy salad.
The next few pictures will make you want nice and unhealthy cheese. I love cheese, but I have no comprehension of the different kinds, nor can I remember what kind is which or which ones I like best. Luckily I have a roommate who really gets into it, so I just let her pick and then eat whatever isn't too stinky. I like the blues, but some of the others get a little strong for me. One has to be careful eating the rinds as well. They are all technically ok to eat, but some of them have lots of fungi growing on them and taste absolutely horrible. Look how huge the wheels of cheese are though! Yum. The emmental (the one that looks like swiss in the back) is one of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment