Thursday, March 18, 2010

Name

When I first received my email with my French school e-mail address on it I was confused. My new middle name? Elisabeth. Only strange because my middle name is spelled with a "z" not an "s". So, whatever they changed the way my name is spelled.
Also, for some reason, both my first and middle names are used on everything here. In my e-mail address and on every roster, so when teachers call my name it is listed middle name first and then first name. Well then a few weeks ago I was in a class where my name wasn't on the roster. When the teacher finally found my name, he started calling me Elizabeth. Except it wasn't Elisabeth like at home, it was Aye-Liz-A-Bet. The French don't pronounce "H" so that was another little name change. He continued to call me Elizabet for the week. I was going to correct him the first time but it wasn't a convenient time, and then I just never got the chance without it being in the middle of class. I had the same teacher for another class, and he realized I was Kate when other students were calling me by my nickname. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment