Monday, March 22, 2010

the city of....fountains?

On a tour of Clermont-Ferrand last Friday I learned an interesting fact about the city I currently live in, and that is that it has over 50 fountains, which is saying something for the size of the city it is. I thought this was neat coming from the other City of Fountains back in the States. Here are some of the fountains I saw on the tour.
















The one on the bottom is a self-contained fountain and I guess they have a lot like this in Paris. The one on the top left is in Place de Lille. Some of the water that runs through the fountains in Clermont is potable, but before you drink it you should definitely look and see if there is a little sign on the fountain with a cup of water on it. If the sign is there and there is no red line through the water cup, drink away!

No comments:

Post a Comment