Monday, March 8, 2010

Highlighters

The other day in class I saw something a little new from a student from Portugal. We were all reading and article and some people were using highlighters to mark on their articles. When I looked back to see how she was going to answer a question the teacher had asked her, I noticed that she had used a highlighter to mark up her paper. But she had done it a little differently.
I have seen many people use highligters, and usually they use the thick side of the highlighter to mark over the text completely. This girl? She used the highlighter to underline the text. This is made more interesting by the fact that "highlight" in French is traslated to "under-line". How do you tell the difference between saying you want something under-lined and highlighted? I have no idea. I'll work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment