Thursday, March 25, 2010

Headline

When I got to school today I picked up the newspaper and in huge letters on the front is something about Obama. As I couldn't quite figure out what it said immediately, I made my way to class, where some of my fellow French students asked me if I saw the front page of the paper this morning. I said I had but that I didn't understand completely what it says. Turns out, Obama's Twitter account was hacked by a guy that is from the region of France that we live in. I guess it is a big deal. Not sure if they are proud of him or it is just a piece of curious news for the people here, but either way, it is the story of the day. (The guy also hacked in to Ashton Kutcher and Britney Spears' accounts). http://www.lamontagne.fr/editions_locales/clermont_ferrand/un_puydomois_aurait_pirate_le_compte_twitter_de_barack_obama@CARGNjFdJSsGFBkDAxQ-.html
While this piece of news in itself is mildly intersting, the real thing I find interesting is that we can't find any mention of Obama's account being hacked on the major US news websites; CNN, MSN & Fox News have nothing about his account being hacked. It is either old news in the States and we are behind the times, or it is just not being reported back home.

1 comment:

  1. News of this finally hit
    http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=323547&catid=37

    ReplyDelete