Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bathrooms

Now I know things are quite a bit different here, but one of the things that takes the most getting used to is the fact that the bathrooms are often times for both men and women. Not like there is one bathroom and one person uses it at a time. More like, there is a common hand- washing area and then there are two separate rooms, one for the women, one for the men. In a bar we were in a few days ago, there were barroom like doors for the men's side. So here I am washing my hands while I can see the guys talking on the other side of the doors. Thankfully the girls side had a door that closed, but it was still just a weird experience. I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point, but everytime I go into a bathroom where the stalls are right next to each other I think of that lawsuit in the US where a guy was sued for sexual harassment for going into the womens' bathroom. Guess that isn't a problem here. Now to be correct, not all bathrooms are like this. Sometimes there really are two different rooms, just depends on how old the building is I guess.

1 comment:

  1. It ruins the gossip time girls can have when they go to the bathroom together...bummer

    ReplyDelete