Friday, January 22, 2010

Vodka and WATER

So last night we went to this party. It was 16 euro for "open bar". As an American, we hear open bar, we think anything we want with whatever we want. Or at least that's what I think. Anyhoo, we get to the party and find out that open bar really means we can have vodka, rum or whiskey with orange juice, apple juice or tonic water. So, as I don't like like any of those alcohols particularly I picked the best of the worst and chose a vodka with apple juice. Oh, and the ice? One cube. After I decided that vodka and apple juice was too sweet and had too much sugar, which would probably give me a bad hangover, I decided to get vodka with water. I proceeded to try and order a vodka and water at the bar. Impossible. I told the bartender what I wanted (in French) he looked at my like I had 32 eyes. So, I repeated in English. He then asked me 5 times if I was sure I wanted VODKA with WATER. Each time I told him I did. Finally he was like, ok fine. Got me my drink and I move on to the dance party.
Then I started wondering...why did he keep asking me like that? Was the water bad? Was I going to get sick? Then I decided it was due to the fact that it was bad vodka and he thought the drink would taste bad. So, I drank it. And two more. Who knew bartenders were so concerned with their clients' happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment