Friday, January 22, 2010

Cars

I'm not sure if I'm more cognizant of this because I am American, or if it really is true, but there are a lot of Ford cars here in Clermont. They are not the Ford cars we see at home. They are certainly smaller and usually two door, but it seems as if there are quite a few of them. I guess I knew that they sold cars over here, but I thought they were going to be more an exception than a rule.

I did see a Volvo XC90 the other day, which was also weird because it looks so huge over here. At home it just blends in on the road, but here it seems like a moving vehicle. I drove a brand-spanking new Volkswagon Passat from Paris to Clermont on our way here, and whoa was it a nice ride, but figuring out where the clutch needed to be let out to was a little tricky.

Speaking of clutches, I had a random thought the other day. You know how in the states knees become a problem for older people? Not a problem so much if you are driving an automatic car, but could be quite a problem if you have to drive a manual vehicle. Which led me to two random thoughts, 1. are people who drive manual cars left legs stronger than their right leg and 2. is there a point where old Europeans can't drive because their legs physically aren't able to operate a manual vehicle? Random, I know. The things that come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment