Monday, January 11, 2010

Travel

So it amazes me that after 15 hours of flying across the world, I land in an airport to wait for my traveling companion and I don't feel like I'm in another country. Airports are generally all the same. While I understand just a smidgen of what is being said over the loud speaker, the rental car desks look the same, people are still bustling around with all the same objectives, and the gift shops are selling the same over-priced goods. Even driving from Charles de Gaulle to Clermont feels similar to road trips I have made across the U.S. Still countryside and still wide-open highways.
This trip is going to certainly be a journey. I hope this blog will let you into some of my adventures while I'm here in Clermont-Ferrand, France for 6 months, and who knows where for the six months after that. I thought at first that this would be a journal of my daily life, but realized that it would probably be more interesting to you if this blog consisted of random thoughts from my adventures, rather than a timeline of events. I can't promise it will be interesting, but I can promise it will be real. Let the adventures begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment