Saturday, January 16, 2010

"real" french food

So today I ate a real French meal, and I'm glad I did. Once. Yup, that was enough for me. We started the meal with a plate of sausage type meats cut up. What was in the sausage you ask? Pig brains, intestines and livers. We found out before hand what we were eating and I'm not sure that helped me eat it, but I did it. I drank wine and ate bread at the same time, but I did it.

For the entree, there were two different ones ordered, thankfully I got the plate with the duck confit, which was pretty good actually. I did try though, the other other meal that was served, which was cow stomach. Slimy and chewy. I know, you're grossed out. You weren't there. You're lucky.

Then we had a plate of cheese and most were pretty good, but one, as my roommate put it, tasted like feet. Our landlord told us that the crust of the cheese had little "animals" crawling in the rind of the cheese. Well, we didn't eat the rind cause he said it'd be too strong. Uh huh.

Finally, my favorite part of the meal by far, was the almond galette. Super yummy. Perfect ending to a meal that I'm glad I experienced. Once.

No comments:

Post a Comment